Music Buyers RightsBuyers rights are emailed with all purchases as an Official .PDF License Ask A QuestionRead FAQ's
1. The Music License grants you, the purchaser, an ongoing, non- exclusive, commercial, worldwide license to make use of the musical work (Item) you have selected, on the following terms.
2. You are licensed to use the Item in one of the following ways (Allowed Use), in a single application (a single product or project):
A.) Synchronization with an audio-visual or audio-only work, to create one End Product that incorporates the Item as well as other things, so that it is larger in scope and different in nature than the Item; specific direct playback uses, which are background music for one event, venue or location, one company’s private on-hold music system, or one personal mobile ring-tone.
B.) Examples of End Products: DVDS, websites, audiobooks, apps, games, online videos (YouTube, Vimeo etc), corporate videos, web promos, live performances, social media and Films.
3. The appropriate license option includes the right to utilize the Item through communication to the public (performance), display, distribution, and reproduction. Read the next clause for some limitations, and see later clauses for things that are not Allowed Uses.
Relax: free or commercial, monetized or not, for-profit or not-for-profit – we don’t mind as long as the appropriate license option is selected and it’s one Allowed Use! Our Music licenses come in standard or premium and are “single application” licenses for one product, one use or one project.
MORE DETAILS ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH THE ITEM
4. There are no restrictions on views or impressions of an End Product containing the Item. For example, there can be unlimited Internet views or page impressions of an End Product.
Example: your home video uploaded to a user-generated video-sharing platform goes viral and gets over 1,000,000 views. Relax and enjoy the fame, you’re still covered by this license.
5. You can create one End Product for a client, and you can transfer that single End Product to your client. This license is then transferred to your client. Your receipt is proof of your official license.
6. You can modify or manipulate the Item, or combine the Item with other works, to suit your End Product. The resulting works based on the Item are subject to the terms of this license. You cannot claim ownership of the Item, whether it’s in original form or altered under this clause. You can do the things allowed in this clause as long as the end use is an Allowed Use under clause 2.
Examples: you can edit, loop or stretch a music track to suit your project. You cannot create a remix of a music track and claim or register it as your own song. See clause 18 for more information about ownership rights in the Item.
7. Although this is a “single application” license, under one license you may make allowed variations of an End Product and distribute an End Product through multiple mediums.
Examples of allowed variations: “cut down” versions of a single video promo; language translations of a single video.
8. If you are doing a series of videos that are made up of different cuts of the original film work (same actors and footage and part of the main project) then you would NOT have to purchase separate licenses for the various cuts.
Example: XYZ Coffee commercial features an actor drinking coffee in the kitchen sitting at his table and then it cuts to the brand XYZ Coffee logo and the commercial ends. One license will cover you for this project. If you have shorter or longer cuts (30/60/90 seconds) of the original film, one license will cover those cuts as well.
THINGS YOU CANNOT DO WITH THE ITEM
9. This is a “single application” license for one Allowed Use, so you will need a separate license for each different Allowed Use.
Example 1: XYZ Coffee commercial features an actor drinking coffee in the kitchen at his table and then cuts to the brand XYZ Coffee log and the commercial ends. Next commercial features the same actor walking on the street, drinking coffee and waving to people and then it cuts to XYZ Coffee brand logo and the commercial ends. Even though there are two commercials featuring XYZ Coffee, they are separate projects and would require more than one license per song.
Example 2: You are shooting a series of 5 commercials for XYZ Coffee and each commercial features different actors, different shots and different scenes. You really want to use the same song or cut of the same song in each of the 5 videos in the series. In this scenario 5 individual licenses must be purchased.
10. You cannot re-distribute the Item as a musical item, as stock, in a tool or template, or with source files. You cannot do this with an Item either on its own or bundled with other items (such as an audio Music Pack), and even if you modify the Item. You can’t re-distribute the Item as-is or with superficial modifications. These things are not allowed even if the re-distribution is for free.
Examples: You can’t modify a music track and distribute it on a music CD. You can’t add lyrics over the top of a music track and sell it as your own song on iTunes or any music streaming platform. You cannot use a music track in your internet radio service.
11. You cannot use the Item in applications allowing an end user to customize a digital or physical product to their specific needs, such as “on demand”, “made to order” and “build it yourself” applications. You may use the Item in these ways only if you purchase a separate license for each final product created using the Item.
Examples of this specific “single application” requirement: Online video or animation rendering services, “build your own website” services, photo slideshow creators, and e-card generators. You will need one license for each product created by Mirror Mirror Music LLC.
12. You must not permit an end user to extract the Item and use it separately from an End Product.
13. You cannot claim trademark or service mark rights over the Item within an End Product.
14. You can only use the Item for lawful purposes. You cannot use the Item in connection with defamatory, obscene or demeaning material.
15. You must not use the Item in violation of any export laws that apply to you.
16. This license can be terminated if you breach it and don’t remedy the breach. If terminated, you must stop the Allowed Use, which includes no longer making copies of or distributing an End Product until you remove the Item from it.
17. The author of the Item retains ownership of the Item but grants you the license on these terms. You can’t claim ownership of the Item, even if modified under clause 7, for example through content identification systems.
Example: if you use a music track synced in your video, you can’t claim rights to the music (e.g. through applying “ContentID” or similar systems to the music in your video).
OTHER LICENSE TERMS
18. Exclusive buyout options are available on exclusive items only. In the case of an exclusive buyout, complete ownership, which voids the terms and conditions herein, are transferred to the buyer in perpetuity.
19. This license is between the author of the Item (Mirror Mirror Music LLC) and you.
20. Due to the nature of our Royalty Free Music Library, we do not offer refunds on any product purchased. If issues arise please contact us email@example.com.